Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yard work






Anybody who has been to the house or saw a picture outside our home can tell you the yards needed some love. My husband had 6 very healthy hastas growing out front but they were taking over. He blames me because now he can't go anywhere without stopping to look at the plant selections if they carry plants. The front yard lacked colorand we were both very ready for some color. He wanted to plant geraniums outside because he remembered when he was growing up that his mom and dad always had them in the yard. We have red, orange, loud pink, and purple ones in our yard. There's also pansies and a thriving cherry willow tree in there now. The tree was replaced. The first one we bought didn't make it. We kept 2 hastas in the area and the neighbor was kind enough to give us all of her landscape "boulders". Some were small, some were huge, and I am very blessed to have been the person she gave them to. My husband and son went to talk with her and the next thing I knew, my husband wanted to know where I wanted the rocks. WOW! It was alot of work and our son did alot of the grunt work but hubby was right out there with him. Shortly after those were placed it was off to the local home improvement store for the river rock that is covering the ground inside the fire bowl area. The chairs and loveseat were given to us by our extended family members, Sabrina and David. We've done alot of digging, planning, and work but it sure was worth every sore muscle and all the sweat we put into it. I've posted a couple of shots so you can see how it looks now. I didn't notice the date is wrong when I took them. These pictures were actually taken about 2 weeks ago.



1 comment: